Friday, March 9, 2012

Review: LEGACY by Cayla Kluver

This is the 9th book I've read this year.

I noticed his eyes. They were blue, sharp and intense. Despite the youthful glows of his suntanned face, his eyes were cold and unfriendly, suggesting he had great experience in the world and was now expecting the worst.
In her seventeenth year, Princess Alera of Hytanica faces one duty: to marry the man who will be king. But her father's choice of suitor fills her with despair.
When the palace guard captures and intruder—a boy her age with steel-blue eyes, hailing from her kingdom's greatest enemy—Alera is alarmed…and intrigued. But she could not have guessed that their clandestine meetings would unveil the dark legacy shadowing both their lands.
In this mystical world of court conspiracies and blood magic, loyalties will be tested. Courage won't be enough. And as the battle begins for everything Alera holds dear, love may be the downfall of a kingdom.

Christian beliefs:  They have a church, and they pray. Not sure if they're Christian, but they do have respect for the LORD. 
Other Belief systems: Superstitious, prophesies, etc...
Language: They use the LORD's name ONCE. And someone does say: "d--n it."
Romance: Kissing, secret meeting places. Someone gets married and they're duty is to bear a child, you know that whole thing.  But the romance was very good, no one slept with each other until marriage, and I loved how the main character didn't feel comfortable being alone with a man without a chaperon. \
Any other bad things: It's a kingdom from a long time ago, there's wars, blood, swords, fighting etc...but nothing is described too hard. 
Comments: First off, someone didn't take enough time to edit this wonderful book, it would have been even more amazing if the editor had taken time to EDIT IT. At first I was cringing about how much this book needed to be edited, but it wore off. I didn't like how there was SO MUCH description. I thought my head was going to explode, someone doesn't really need ALL that to know what the scene looks like, and I have a very vivid imagination, so my brain went kind of overload. It was a great plot, I love those 'duty back in the old days' books. And fantasy kind of things, always thinking about the enemy you haven't seen in awhile. It sort of reminded me of my book, and I can't wait to read the sequel to see how Cayla portrays the fact that SPOILER Alera is in love with someone else, but is married to another.
Rating: five out of five stars.
-Maddi

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you guys have to say! But make sure it's clean. I will try and reply. Thanks for taking time to comment/read my blog!