Saturday, March 30, 2013

Why I love Middle Grade


I love Middle Grade books. They are the best. And even though I write YA, I think that I’ll always come back to Middle Grade.

A lot of people say that High School is one of the most important years of your life. But I think Middle School is pretty important too. I mean, that’s where first crushes happen. And I think that’s what I love most about Middle Grade.

I’ve been re-reading the 39 Clues series, and I just finished book three. And I saw how Amy totally fell for this one guy, and I thought to myself as I read: “This is just like my first crush.” (well…second to first. But that doesn’t matter.) And I love that about Middle Grade, it’s not too over the top with romance, it’s just right. I mean…I write YA books that have romance in them, and the characters are fourteen, or fifteen. But…I know that usually…mostly in my world, not all fourteen and fifteen (or over) yearolds will fall in love, and will be so mature. (mostly the guys. Because you know…guys develop slowly than girls. Lol. But just how God created us.)

This blog post probably doesn’t make much sense…but what I’m trying to say is: Middle Grade will always be my favorite genre, it’s the one that got me writing. I read Percy Jackson and the 39 Clues before I ever picked up a YA book. I learned so much from those amazing authors, and I still read their works, I just miss those wonderful books without all...that. And I think one of the most used reasons why YA is YA, is because of the romance.

We need to go back to writing fun, funny, and not so graphic romances. And that's what I've been trying to do with my books when I write. 

It feels so good to sit back, and read a book that’s just like that. I wish more books were like that.

-Madison xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you guys have to say! But make sure it's clean. I will try and reply. Thanks for taking time to comment/read my blog!