Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Review: SWITCHED by Amanda Hocking

This is the 5th book I've read this year.

When Wendy Everly was six-years-old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. It isn't until eleven years later that Wendy finds out her mother might've been telling the truth. With the help of Finn Holmes, Wendy finds herself in a world she never knew existed - and it's one she's not sure if she wants to be a part of.


Summary from: goodreads.com






Christian beliefs: none.


Other belief systems: This book is about trolls and magic. So...magic. hehe


Language: D--n, bastard, sh-t, p--s, dick. etc.


Violence: People are killed, Wendy's mother tries to kill her with a knife, and cuts her across the belly, and she needs stitches. 

Romance: Kissing, and Wendy and a unnamed person cuddle up on a couch, and fall asleep and someone finds them there. Elora and someone else used to sleep with each other. (just they say it, no description what so ever) Wendy invisones Elora and someone else sleeping together. (but not like total description) Lots of mentions of love.

Any other bad things: Finn is mean to Wendy sometimes, Wendy can't really stand her mother and her mother is mean to her.

Comments: I loved this book, and I loved it even more because it was selfpublished. You can kinda tell it's been selfpublished, but that means this is how well Amanda can write. She didn't have fancy editors changing everything so it sounded perfect. I love the plot, I love the love story plot. It just all goes together, and she  ties everything together so that it makes sense. I love how the Vittra are just around the corner, just waiting to attack. (btw, I loved the short story at the end of the book...) I can't wait to get a paper back copy of TORN. :) (btw, I won my paper back copy of SWITCHED from Starry-Eyed Revue.)

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars.

-Maddi

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you guys have to say! But make sure it's clean. I will try and reply. Thanks for taking time to comment/read my blog!