Friday, February 10, 2012

Review: TORRENT by Lisa T. Bergen

This is the 4th book I've read this year.

When Gabi and Lia finally learn to surf the river of time, they realize they must make hard choices about life and love in the third and final book in the River of Time series.   

Gabi and Lia Betarrini have learned to control their time travel, and they return from medieval Italy to save their father from his tragic death in modern times.   But love calls across the centuries, and the girls are determined to return forever—even though they know the Black Plague is advancing across Europe, claiming the lives of one-third of the population. In the suspenseful conclusion of the River of Time series, every decision is about life … and death.  





Christian belief systems: Lots of that!!! <3 you can't find good Christain YA book anymore...But this one NAILED it. 

Other belief systems: People thinking that the Roman gods are real.


Langue: None.


Violence: It's 1343, in Medieval Italy, during a war. So I would say yes to the violence. It's not to descriptive though, swords to get stuck in places, and people die. But Lisa doesn't describe it, so your stomach churns and you want to throw up. It was just enough description that you got what was going on.


Romance: Kissing, lots of kissing. Forced marriages, willing marriages. Waiting to open the gift of marriage. (that was my favorite part.) True love, love that's going to happen, forbidden kisses, broken hearts. *sighs* it was so good.


Any other bad things: Just people wanting to kill other people, revenge. All that good stuff. ;)


Comments: Ok, here we go. I LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH!!! It takes you on a roller coaster, at first you're like: "this is a pretty good book," then: "OH MY GOSH!! I CAN'T STOP READING!" and it just keeps going and going....I almost cried at some parts, it was such a good book. The marriage scene is so sweet! I'm so proud of Lisa for saying that waiting until after marriage to open the gift. <3 my parents tell me all the time, and it's hard to find books that people actually do that.
The only thing I found wrong with it, was all the kissing, my gift of marriage includes kissing too. But that's all. :)
I can't wait for the novella BOURNE! TORRENT ended too early for me...but I guess that keeps readers reading. ;)


Rating: 5 out of 5 stars.

-Maddi

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you guys have to say! But make sure it's clean. I will try and reply. Thanks for taking time to comment/read my blog!