Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Review: Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

This is the 24th book I've read this year.

What if there were teens whose lives depended on being bad influences? 
This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels in Sweet Evil.

Tenderhearted Southern girl, Anna Whitt, was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage, and her will-power is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?









Christian beliefs: They're angels and demons. So they talk about God often. And Anna goes to church, prays, and she seems to really love God. :)

Other belief systems: Nope.

Language: D--n is used often, but I think that's about it.

Violence: Someone gets shot, can't really remember much of anything else.

Romance: Kissing...doing the marriage thing before your acutally married. But it's never in the book, they just mention it. Kaidan is the son of the demon of Lust, so his goal is so kiss other girls and do other things. And they say 'sex' a lot. Which isn't a bad word, but they throw it around like it's nothing. And they us virginity a lot. (It's a "bad" thing that Anna is a virgin.) Just lots of kissing.
(I wouldn't remoned this book to girls younger than me... Defiantly be a teen girl to read this. Guys wouldn't want to read this. xD)

Comments:


Good points:

Ok, I liked how respectful Anna is to God, about when she talks about Him and talks to him. I like how Anna is really close to a guy, it's her guy friend. Which a lot, girls and guys alike think only your allowed to have friends with the same gender, unless your dating. Which is totally wrong. I have a lot of guy friends.

I also liked how Anna's father was. He seemed to care, and was loving. Just like a dad should. :)
Wendy put a lot of good points for teens this day. And she really wrote the love story great. I would really feel what Anna was feeling.

Negative points:

Er...Um...ok, I guess I have to do this. (but I really don't want to.) I don't like how carelessly people throw around the words 'sex' and 'virginty' so easily. And around boys for heavens sake! Boys have different wired brains, they're very visual, so just one of those words could give them a really bad image.
And the fact that Kaidan is all about 'working' is really sad. It was hard to finish it when I knew what Kaidan's job was. To get girls to do things that they shouldn't do until they were married.  But I guess that's what a demon's son would do.
To be honest, after reading the first parts of it, my brain needed a shower. O.o Also, the writing was a little different, it might have needed more editing, or I was just weird. xD


But overall, I liked the plot, it would have been a bit better without all the romance...like the serious kind. A few kisses here and there were ok. But I'm really enjoying all these angel books. This isn't like any other angel book out there, Wendy made a whole new meaning to the meaning of: "part angel/demon".

Also, this book reminded me kind of my book. Which is kinda cool to see that people like this book, so they might like my book too. :)

Rating: 4 out of 5.

Even though I didn't like the romance, doesn't mean I'm not excited for book 2! :) I'm excited to see what happens between Kaidan and Wendy, the rest of the awesomeness. 

Good job, Wendy! :D

-Maddi

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you guys have to say! But make sure it's clean. I will try and reply. Thanks for taking time to comment/read my blog!