Friday, June 8, 2012

Review: What a Boy Wants by Nyrae Dawn

This is the 33rd book I've read this year.

Courtesy of watching his mom’s relationships, Sebastian Hawkins knows what girls need to do to get a guy. He has what he considers a PHD in hooking up. When he needs extra cash for a car, Sebastian starts up an online venture as The Hook-up Doctor, to anonymously help girls land the guy of their dreams. Of course, his services don’t offer a happily-ever-after guarantee. He’s seen firsthand getting together never means staying together. 

And then he falls in love… 

With the last girl he would expect…

Totally not in his game plan. 

Suddenly, Sebastian finds himself muddled in the game he’s always prided himself on. He can’t even pick up girls at parties anymore! Why would anyone want to be in love when it turns you into a stuttering, screwed-up, mess with really lame stalker tendencies? Stalking? Totally not his gig. 

But the Hook-up Doctor won’t let himself go down easily. He’s always known how to give a girl what she wants and now it’s time to figure out what a boy wants… and he definitely plans on getting it.



Christian beliefs: Sebastian thanks God once.


Other belief systems: Nope.

Language: The S word, the H word, the D word, the A word. Drove me mad. But I guess that's just how they talk I guess.

Romance: Sebastian is the Hook-Up doctor. So he helps people hook up by giving them advice they have to pay for. He also hooks himself up, and he does it often. And it grossed me out. Of course, no one ever had sex, but there was a lot of kissing and touching going on....
And Sebastian falls in love, so they touch and kiss each other. And in my opinion, I wouldn't want to be touched like that until I was married...but that's just me.

Any other bad things: They go to a party, and Aspen gets drunk, and a guy takes advantage of that, but Sebastian saves her! (yay!) 

Comments:

Good points:

Nyrea's writing is really good. She really knows how to get people close to her characters. In some books, I don't feel the main character, I'm feeling all the other characters. But with Sebastian, I could really understand him.
Aspen was such a creative name!! At first, I thought it was another guy...lol. 
Pris sounded like me. If someone was hurting my friend, they were going to get it.
And Jaden was super cool, him and Sebastian just got along so well!!

I think Nyrae did a great job getting inside a guy's head when she's a girl. And she knew what a guy was like too. She knew that they were very visual creatures, and she just nailed it.  Everything my mom ever told me about guys was in this book. lol

Negative points:

I didn't like all the kissing and touching. And swearing of course, but that was about it. 

This book was a very quick read, so I don't know what else I would say. lol

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars!

-Maddi

1 comment:

  1. DanmarkJune 27, 2012 10:42 PM
    Even though this book was a bit short, it didn't at all feel rushed or incomplete. When finishing the story I was left with a big smile on my face and I felt completely satisfied by the story. If you want a new book to fall in love with, add What a Boy Wants to your immediate TBR list! I am in LOVE with this book, definitely in my all-time top favorites! Oh, and once you read the book you will realize how perfect the guy on the cover fits Sebastian. What are you waiting for? Go get this book now!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you guys have to say! But make sure it's clean. I will try and reply. Thanks for taking time to comment/read my blog!