Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Piracy is bad. THE END.

In Tea Time today, we walked a little about piracy, A.K.A stealing. And one of the fine ladies gave a great example: "You can't just go to Walmart and say you want that TV, and steal it." EXACTLY. It's stealing, authors need their money, it also hurts them.

I know books are expensive. Believe me, I know. I wish I could buy allll the books, but I can't. Because I have no money, OR I'm trying to save for a car. *cough cough* and coming from a family where money is spent very wisely, when I go to a bookstore, I usually kind of cringe at the prices. BUT, I understand WHY they are so expensive.

1. Authors work long and hard on their books. They think up the plot, they write it, they edit it, they do all this work. And to just have someone go onto a stealing sight with their book, and just take it makes them sad. They worked hard on their books, and they want to make profit from it. They also want people to read it, but that doesn't mean steal it. Go to a library, request the book if it's not in the system. And libraries are FREE. (aside from those fines you get when you don't return your books on time...)


2. If you steal that book, you take away from a book store's profit, an editor's profit. A PUBLISHERS profit.

Look guys, look at how many people you're hurting by just stealing a book. ^^^^. :/

I am done with my mini rant, and I want to let everyone know that I understand why some of you may steal, but there are lots of ways to get a book for free. I promise!!

-Madison xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you guys have to say! But make sure it's clean. I will try and reply. Thanks for taking time to comment/read my blog!