Friday, April 27, 2012

Review: DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth

This is the 20th book I've read this year.


Summary from: goodreads.com


In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.














Christian beliefs: Tris does mention God a couple of times.


Other belief systems: Nope.


Violence: The Dauntless fight, and people get hurt. Someone gets stabbed in the eye. People get shot. There's blood.


Language: Hell is used the wrong way, and so is the LORD's name. But I think Veronica was just trying to show her readers that people are really that mean sometimes. And will use words like that.


Romance: Kissing! Caressing, Tris does end up sleeping on someone's bed, but she's the only one in/on it. One of Tris's fears is sex. Or intimacy. No one does it though. 
Tris is just in a towel, and someone rips it off her. (another way to show that some people are just jerks sometimes.) Someone keeps touching Tris at this one point. (another way to show what people are like.)

Any other bad things:...The Erudite keep attacking the Abnegation  saying that they're bad, and they're hording supplies that other factions need.

Comments: I heard a lot of great things about this book before I read it. But I was kind of skeptical, bc I'm one of those people when something is REALLY famous, and everyone is reading it/wearing it/doing it I'm like...'I don't want to join this.' (I'm a weird person.) But, when I went to the bookstore with my Papa, I made him buy this book for me. (hehe.) my mom actually started reading it before me, and she said it was really good. It's cool having a book to discuss and talk about with your mom.
I really enjoyed this book, it never lost my attention. I looked forward reading it every night or whenever I had time. I had moments when I gasped, covered my mouth and eyes when I didn't want to 'look' and I cried. Books rarely make me cry.


Rating: 5 out of 5 stars.

I can't wait for Insurgent!! :D


Great book, Veronica!! #TEAMDAUNTLESS


-Maddi

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you guys have to say! But make sure it's clean. I will try and reply. Thanks for taking time to comment/read my blog!