Friday, April 13, 2012

What My Definition of Editing Is

I'm pretty sure my definition of editing is different from other peoples, (with the editors). So...I'd thought I'd blog about it.

(What I'm about to say isn't meant to be mean, it's just me saying stuff...so yeah. Read on.)

Ok, so when I'm done with editing. (spelling, cutting out scenes etc...) I go on Facebook, and ask my friends who wants to edit my book. When I get a response, I send my friend the book, and they fix the grammar, indenting etc...And they don't tell me what to fix. They fix it. And then, I do through, and add description and check out all the changes.

Ok, so that's what my definition of editing is. Now, I really hate it when people change the words in my book. I don't care if it's not proper grammar! I liked that word right there! Some of the time, we as humans don't even talk in perfect grammar, now do we?  So yeah, I really don't like that. But if they change in the wording someplace else besides the talking, I don't care.

So there, that's my def of editing is.

Ok, off to read, or something...

TTYL

-Maddi

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you guys have to say! But make sure it's clean. I will try and reply. Thanks for taking time to comment/read my blog!