Thursday, December 22, 2011

Review: The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

This is the 90th book I've read this year.


It's always been just Kate and her mom—and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear her mother won't live past the fall.
Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld—and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.
Kate is sure he's crazy—until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride, and a goddess.




Christin Beliefs/Other belief systems: it's all Greek mythology. And they do mention Christina and saying that Satan was part of the Christin belief system. (that just annoyed me, but it's true) and there are the Greek gods.


Language:  There was, p--s, d----it, d--n, b--ch. There was screw too. And they used the LORD's name in vain a couple of times.

Romance: Well, there was lots of kissing, but not until towards the end of the book. That's when it got serious. They refer to sex as "that" they never say sex though. And people do sleep with each other. But they just say it. One time someone wakes up in a "tangle of limbs". And there's always the "wife" thing floating around. I think that sums that up.

Any other bad things: Not really, just that there's blood, and someone gets their head cracked open. And you can see...things...(it was gross, I skipped that part lol) and someone hurts their ankle. But I didn't like, was that some people were in each others rooms. And they weren't the same gender. Me, personally, I wouldn't like a guy in my room, even if it was day time. Or anytime. It was one of my good friends, I wouldn't find as much, but I usually have a girl with me too. Anyway, that's just my opinion. And there's always the kidnapping theory floating around too, in the beginning. And people are dying...I mean, Henry is the god of the Underworld. What do you except, you know?

Comments: This book was great. But not as great as I thought it would be. I found myself skipping lots of things. Because I was bored, or I just wanted to see what happened. I like Greek myths and the gods and all that. But this wasn't anything like Percy Jackson. And I was little disappointment. Aimee was changing myths, and Rick Riordan does that too, but not as much as Aimee was doing. And even though Greek myths, are well, just myths. It bothered me. But I still enjoyed it enough to keep going. (I actually stayed up until 1am last night reading it. That's the first time I've finished a book in a day btw.) It also took awhile for something to get going. But that's what authors do. (I'm getting better at that.) they make you want to keep reading, so they keep holding back the truth. And the mystery in there was great. I actually almost solved it!

Rating: 4 out of 5 for awesomeness
2 out of 5 for any age. (for romance, and violence)


-maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you guys have to say! But make sure it's clean. I will try and reply. Thanks for taking time to comment/read my blog!