Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Review: ALLEGIANCE by Cayla Kluver

This is the 11th book I've read this year. (my fave number!!)


Summary from: goodreads.com


Only I saw Narian for who he truly was: a young man with courage and an independent mind, and made to pay for what was outside his control. He couldn't help his past any more than he could help the way those intense, deep-blue eyes pierced me and held me captive. 

An eighteen-year-old queen in love with the enemy as their countries pass the point of no return... 

Bound to a man she cannot love, Queen Alera of Hytanica must forget Narian, the young man who holds her heart. For Narian is destined to conquer Hytanica at the behest of his master, the powerful magic-user known as the Overlord. Alera doesn't truly believe Narian will fight against Hytanica-until Cokyrian troops attack with Narian commanding the charge. 

Faced with the greatest betrayal a heart can know, Alera must set aside personal feelings and lead her kingdom through its darkest time. And when all hope, will and courage seem lost, she must find strength and remember that even the blackest night must have a dawn....





Christian beliefs: They mention the Lord, and they pray often.


Other Belief systems: Magic, sorcery, legends etc...


Language: b---ard, w--re, hell is used when someone is angry. And d--n.


Romance: Alera's husband tells her constantly that she needs to bear an heir to the throne, and he kisses her, and touches her. (not in bad places, but they're married, so he's allowed in the first place.) Alrea is in love with someone else, so she mentions him often. And her sister and another young man are in love.


Violence: The Overlord kills people, (I cried...) and people get wounded, with arrows, swords, etc...the book doesn't descripe it too hard, but you know when someone is not feeling well. People throw up.


Any other bad things: Steldor is known for his temper, and it shows throughout the book. Just a little warning there.


Comments: I was SO happy that this book came in as fast as I did! I started reading it right away. I love the love stories, and I was curious about how Cayla would handle the fact that Alera was married, but was in love with someone else. (and she did a awesome job.) But it's also a sad book, so if you don't like to cry, you probably shouldn't read this book. I cried, I was SO sad! But, it got better, than went downhill again, then went back up again. It was an emotional roller coaster! But I enjoyed it, believe it or not. ;) I'm very excited for SACRIFICE. I'm ready to read about Alera and her special man. ;) 


Rating: 5 out of 5 stars.


-Maddi

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you guys have to say! But make sure it's clean. I will try and reply. Thanks for taking time to comment/read my blog!